While millions of people update their devices to iOS 10, some people are holding back because they are waiting for a new jailbreak to be released first. Others have updated because of a bug on their devices that could only be fixed by iOS 10 and others updated accidentally – it happens. In terms of jailbreaks, the next one we are likely to see will be an iOS 10.1 jailbreak [ext link] but that is not definite. Apple did promise to make things harder for jailbreakers and that may put a delay on how quickly Pangu or Taig can produce a fully working utility for us.
Image : Mojo Installer iOS 10.1
In the meantime, if you did update to iOS 10+ you will be missing out on the modifications and extra features that you got used to with Cydia and, with no news on a jailbreak, you may be wondering how long you have to go without for. Luckily, we have Mojo Installer. Mojo is an app installer that allows you to download modifications for some of the stock iOS apps and a few that you won’t find on the app store as well. As well as being updated to support iOS 10.1, Mojo does not require you to install a jailbreak first.
Download Mojo on iOS 10.1 :
This tutorial works on both 32 bit and 64 bit iOS devices running iOS 10.1 firmware.
Method 1 : Safari Method
- Open Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Go to mojoinstaller.org as shown in the image below and load the website.
- When the page loads up, tap on the big UP arrow . You will find the arrow at the top of the screen on and iPad and at the bottom for an iPhone.
- Choose a place to save your icon to – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Type in a name for your app, name it Mojo. Tap on Add and then close down Safari
- Look for the Mojo app icon on your home page
Video: The video walkthrough demonstrates these steps
Method 2 : Advanced
This method is for the more advanced user who wants a deeper level of functionality:
- Open Safari on your iOS device
- Open this [ link ] – it will give you a configuration profile for Mojo, allowing you to install all the apps on your iOS device
- The link will take you to the installer page that contains a direct link for installing the configuration profile on your iOS device – tap on that link
- A new page will load up, tap on Install Profile and input your passcode if you are asked to do so
- Safari browser will launch again, tap Install and then Continue
- Your iOS settings app will open, tap on Install and then on Continue on the warning screen
- Click on Done and wait for the Mojo installer to load onto your iOS device
Fixing Mojo Errors on iOS 10.1 :
Most users will have no trouble at all with using Mojo but some may come up against a Profile Installation Failed error. If you do, check the given link for steps on how to fix it. You can also Delete Mojo if you need to or if you decide you don’t want it anymore.
How to Use Mojo Installer on iOS 10.1 :
Using Mojo is simple.
- Tap on the Mojo icon to open it
- Follow the steps in the link to download and install new sources .
- Download whatever modifications or apps you want
If you find that an app won’t run after installation, you will need to make one small change:
- Open Settings, then tap on General > Profile
- Look for the app causing the problem and click Trust beside it
- It should now work ok
Are you likely to use the Mojo Installer ? Tell us what you think in the comments box below and, for more tips and tricks straight to your inbox, follow us on Facebook.