So far, iOS 10 is proving to be an extremely popular version of the iOS firmware. Apple is keeping it up to date, fixing bugs as soon as they arise and keeping the performance at top speed but there are still those that have not updated their devices. For most of them, this is because they are still waiting to hear when we will be able to jailbreak again. Right now, we are on iOS 10.2 and still there is no work from either Taig or Pangu on whether we will be able to jailbreak soon or not.
Image : Mojo Installer Download iOS 10.2
While we wait and for those of you that have updated to iOS 10.2, we are missing out on being able to modify our iOS devices through Cydia. As we don’t know how long it is going to be before a jailbreak is released, we have looked for and found an alternative for you to use. It’s called Mojo Installer and allows you to use some modifications for stock apps and download a few apps that are not available on the iOS app store as well. Mojo has been updated to support iOS 10.2 and there is no need to install a jailbreak to use it.
How to Download Mojo Installer on iOS 10.2 :
This will work on all iOS 10.2 devices.
Method 1 : Safari
- Open the Safari browser on your iOS device
- Type mojoinstaller.org into the address bar and tap on Go to load the page
- Now tap the UP arrow on the screen , Top or bottom of the screen
- Choose where the icon is going to be saved to – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you will be asked to give the icon a name – call it Mojo and tap the Add button
- Shut down Safari and you will see the Mojo app icon on your home screen
Video: This video explains these steps
Method 2 : Advanced
This is for those who want more functionality and who have more experience :
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Now go to this[ link ] to bring up a Mojo configuration profile. This is what will allow the apps to be installed on your iOS device
- On the page that appears, tap on the direct link to install the profile to your device
- On the page that loads, tap on Install and type your passcode in if asked to Your browser will re-launch so tap on Install and then on Continue
- Now your Settings app will open so tap Install and then, when the warning screen appears, tap on Continue
- Click Done and the Mojo installer will be installed on your iOS device
How to Fix Mojo Errors on iOS 10.2 :
While most people will not experience any issues with this, you might be stalled by a Profile Installation Failed error. Click on the given link for more details on how to fix this. If you find that you no longer want Mojo on your device, you can easily delete it.
Using Mojo Installer on iOS 10.2 :
Mojo Installer is very easy to use:
- Tap the Mojo icon to open it
- Install new sources using the instructions at the given link
- Download whatever you want in the same way you would in Cydia
If an app doesn’t run when installed, there is one thing you must do:
- Open Settings > General > Profile
- Locate the app that isn’t working and tap on Trust
- It should now work
What are your thoughts on Mojo ? Let us know in the comments box below and, for more jailbreak news and developments, follow us on Facebook .