With no jailbreak in sight for the foreseeable future, jailbreakers are starting to get a bit concerned. It’s been a long time since we have been able to download tweaks from Cydia to modify the stock iOS apps and use new third party ones to give us new and better features. With iOS 10 release , the iOS 10 Jailbreak [ext link] tweak developers have more features to work with but, without a jailbreak they are stuck in limbo long with the rest of us.
Image : Mojo Installer iOS 10
There is a little hope on the horizon though and it comes in the shape of Mojo app installer. This is NOT a jailbreak and some of you may only want to use it as a temporary measure while we wait for the iOS 10 jailbreak . Mojo is similar in many ways to Cydia in that it allows you to download tweaks and external apps to give the stock iOS a significant boost in functionality. Some of the tweaks and apps available on Mojo cannot be found on the iOS app store, like the poplar screen recorder app, iRec.
There are differences between Cydia and Mojo and you can read about those here but Mojo is a good solution for those who are waiting for a new jailbreak or for those who just want a bit more functionality on the stock iOS. If you follow the download steps carefully, you will soon have Mojo on your iOS device and can be modifying it, not quite to your hearts content, but to a reasonable standard.
Features of Mojo Installer for iOS 10 :
- You don’t need to jailbreak to use Mojo Installer
- The tweaks can be used on iOS app store and stock apps
- You can add repositories to Mojo Sources
- Use the built-in Quick Search tool to find packages
- Track what you have downloaded with the Package History tool
- Delete easily if you don’t like it
Installing Mojo Installer on iOS 10 :
- Launch Safari on your iPad or iPhone
- Input one of these in the address bar – mojoinstaller.org
- Tap on the UP arrow when the page loads – iPhone users will see it at the bottom of the screen while iPad users will find it at the top
- Select and tap on Add to Home Screen from the options
- Name your app as Mojo and tap on Add
- Shut Safari and find the app on your home screen
Video : Here is a Video Tutorial for the above steps
Mojo Errors :
If you are unlucky you may come across one of two errors, neither of which is serious and neither of which is hard to fix. If you come against a Profile Installation Failed error, you can find the solution in the given link. If one of your installed Mojo apps doesn’t run, go to Settings > General > Profile. From there, locate the app on the list and tap on Trust. This is caused by an issue with the certificate and is easily solved.
How to Use Mojo on iOS 10 :
When Mojo has been installed on your device you can start to use it straight away. It is simple to use:
- Launch Mojo
- Use Quick Search to find an app or tweak or install a repository for more choice
- Full instructions on downloading apps and tweaks is given in the app so just follow them.
What are your thoughts on Mojo as a gap filler while we wait for the iOS 10 jailbreak ? Follow us on Facebook for more up to the minute tutorials and tips.