Whether you are stuck waiting for a new jailbreak or have no desire to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad at this time, you will more than likely be wishing that there was a way to give your device a few more features than the stock iOS offers you. There is a way, it’s called Mojo and it’s an app installer that offers features similar to Cydia. It isn’t as in depth as Cydia is but it does offer you a lot more than what Apple gives you include apps and modifications you wouldn’t otherwise have access to, all without needing to jailbreak first. If you want to know more about Mojo, have a look at this article but if you are ready to install it, follow the steps below.
Image : Mojo Installer iOS 9
How to Install Mojo Installer :
All the methods to download Mojo Installer on iOS 9 is listed below.
Method 1 : Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
This is the easy way, for those who have little or no experience of doing this kind of thing.
- On your iOS device, open Safari
- Navigate to one of these two links – mojoinstaller.org or mojoapp.net as shown in the image below.
- Tap the UP arrow on the page that loads – bottom of the screen for iPhone users, top for iPad users
- On the options screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Name your app and tap on Add
- Close down Safari and you will see the app icon on your home screen
Video : The following video shows these steps
Method 2 : Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
This is for more experienced users
- Open Safari on your device
- Navigate to this [ link ] here
- This is a specially designed Mojo installer page and you will find all the information you need about the app here. You will also find a link that will directly install the Mojo Configuration Profile to your device – it will say Install Directly from your iOS Device – click on this
- This takes you to another page that will give you full instructions on how to build and install a custom profile. Click on the button that says Build Custom Profile and read all of the information before you continue
- The Settings app on your device will open to an Install Profile page – click the Install button and enter your passcode if requested
- You will be redirected back to Safari – click on Install Mojo
- Click Install on the confirmation box
- Again, you will go back to the Settings app to Install Profile page – click on Install
- Tap on Next and, on the warning that pops up, tap on Install
- On the page that comes up, click on Install followed by Done
Mojo will now be shown on your home screen. These instructions may seem to be a little involved but once you get into it, they will make more sense to you. Just make sure you follow every step in order to get Mojo on your device. From there, you can open the app and begin installing the apps of your choice.
Method 3: Android Only
It’s a well known fact that Android users cannot jailbreak their devices and that means they don’t get to enjoy the features that Cydia offers. However, Mojo Installer has now been given support for Android and that means they can now take advantage of features like apps and games modified with all the premium features or can download paid apps for free and they can have some of the Cydia tweaks too. For more details on how to download Mojo Installer, follow the link below:
How to Fix Mojo Not Working Issue :
Mojo Installer is a great app installer, but it has a problem that will affect all users – it will crash within 7 days of you installing it and, no matter how often you reinstall it, it will continue to crash. Apple doesn’t sign the app certificate for Mojo Installer and, as such, they don’t see it as a valid app and will revoke the certificate. You can prevent this from happening by downloading a VPN tool called Anti Revoke. This will provide protection, stopping Apple from revoking the certificate. The given link will take you to more details and a full download guide to Anti Revoke app [ext link].
If you run into a problem with an installed app not working, it will be because of its certificate. To solve that, open Settings > General > Profile and tap on Trust beside the apps – they will now work properly
Popular Mojo Apps :
With so much to choose from, you might be a little stumped on where to start in Mojo so give these two popular apps a look first:
Delta Emulator :
Delta Emulator contains a whole selection of games emulators and is the replacement for the popular GBA4iOS installer that was killed off by Apple. These emulators allow you to play Game Boy and Nintendo games on your device and more consoles will be added later. Get all the details and a step by step download tutorial at the following link:
- Download Delta Emulator [ext link]
If you like to watch movies on your device or catch up with all your favorite TV Shows, then MovieBox is the app for you. Updated with all the latest content, you can watch straightaway or download to watch later. Find out how to download MovieBox by clicking the link below:
- Download MovieBox [ext link]
Popular Mojo Alternatives :
Mojo Installer is very comprehensive but there are plenty of other alternatives, such as these two:
Tutu App :
With so much to choose from, Tutu App has something that will suit everyone, including some of the most popular tweaks from Cydia, premium app store content for free and lots of ++ apps modified with premium features for free. Find out how you can get all this on your device by clicking the link below:
- Download Tutu App [ext link]
Emus4U is a very popular app installer, providing access to a wide range of popular emulators that let you play all your favorite old-school games on your devices. With support for lots of the more popular consoles, you can also choose other apps, like modified ++ apps, paid and premium content for free and a few Cydia tweaks too. Check out the link below for more information and a step by step download guide
- Download Emus4U [ext link]
Tell us what you think of Mojo. Follow us on Facebook and subscribe t our newsletter to stay up to date with tips and tutorials like this one